Sunday, August 9, 2009

Baby needs a Bagel

Got up this morning and asked myself what I wanted for breakfast. Blueberry bagel with cream cheese. Yes, please. So off I went to the grocery store to get bagels and coffee. Mmmm I only had half, cause I was full, but man oh man did it hit the spot.

I also seem to want fish. Dinner tonight is not up for debate. Salmon burgers. Done deal.

What I find is now that I tell myself, you want it, you got it - then thats it. I stop thinking about it. I am in such a good mood that I am kicking the DH out the door to go play golf while I pack up our kitchen (we move into our new place next weekend).

I also have received some more information about intuitive eating from Ditch Diets and Live Lighter. So I'm going to start reading that as soon as I finish reading Intuitive Eating.

Last night I threw out a half a glass of white wine. I had enough so I didn't want anymore. That alone is a break through.

I know now that I am an emotional eater with the tendency to use food to avoid doing stuff I don't want to do. Or if I am bored. That is huge for me. I need to grow up and not use food as an excuse not to do stuff, like dishes or work. Instead, take a break and then come back to the task, but the sooner I get the task done, the sooner I can go do something I would rather do, like read.
I am also going to start meditating. If I am biologically not hungry, but looking for distraction, I think I'll trying meditating.

No comments:

Post a Comment